Project Design Manager
Qualifications and Expertise
Alex Kaszuba is a design consultant specializing in low voltage cabling infrastructure design ranging from data, voice, paging, sound masking, IP technologies, CCTV, security, VoIP, access controls, and audio-visual. Alex has been in the consulting and infrastructure design business for over 20 years, and has diverse project experience which includes:
- City of Toronto, Toronto Water Division, R.L. Clark Water Treatment Plant, Voice Communications Systems Replacement. Design associate for VoIP over Wi-Fi and structure cabling design for communications replacement.
- Pan-American Games Toronto 2015. Design associate for structure cabling design in support of voice, video, data requirements at 40 competition venues.
- Lead Communications Designer for AT&T Data Centre relocation in Greater Toronto Area in late 90’s to accommodate for restructuring of cellular networks. Working closely with AT&T engineers.
- Ryerson University – Design and restructuring of all fibre and copper backbone connectivity for three data centres, interconnectivity among the three and intraconnectivity within each one.
- Project Head Communications Designer for new racetrack and casino located in Calgary. Scope included outside plant cabling to infield, racetrack timing sensors, entire gaming floor for slots, and Data Centre to run the entire facility.
- Maple Leaf Square – 1.1M sq.ft. multiple use facility including two 50 story high rise condominiums a 10-story office tower, a 10-story luxury hotel and 4 levels of retail space. Project scope included coordination of multiple feed from CLEC’s, distribution of singlemode and multimode fibre, copper, wireless, CCTV, and A/V to support entire space.
- Lead Designer for the University of Toronto’s Scarborough Campus 100,000 sq. ft. state of the art library “ARC” including lecture facilities and private offices. Scope included design of backbone ties to main campus IT centre, computer room and multiple hub room design, as well as coaxial design.
- Sheridan Institute of Technology – Responsible for complete over-haul of standards documentation for entire college. Scope included standardization of master specification and requirements for all campuses in Ontario defining MCR, IDF’s, campus, intrabuilding and interbuilding backbone, all horizontal cabling including voice, data, analog, paging, and workstation outlet detail.
- Adidas Canada – Design of 4 floors including showrooms, IT workspace, and retail space spanning 160,000 sq. ft. in a new facility. Scope included co-ordination for all cable routing in open ceiling environment, heat load calculations for mechanical engineers as well as power and outlet configuration requirements for electrical.
- Infrastructure design drawings & specifications for the 240,000 sq.ft. Toronto Police Authority Mobile unit and Division office located at 9 Hanna St. Scope included wiring for shortwave radio, voice, data, and wireless.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems, Devry Institute of Technology, Pheonix, Arizona
- BS Program, York University
- IBDN – Design and Engineering
- Ortronics LeGrand – Certified Design Engineering- Course, 2007
- Panduit Canada – Grounding and Bonding Practices, 2007
- Tyco Electronics – TIA/EIA Standards Training, 2008
- Speco Technologies – CCTV Design Course, 2009
- Siemon Cabling – Consultant Design Course, 2009
- Corning Cable – Preparing for the Data Center of the Future, 2010
- Graybar Canada – Defining Today’s Data Center and Shaping it for tomorrow, 2011
- BICSI – Fibre to the Desk – Network Design and Application, 2012
Professional Associations/ Memberships
- Building Industry Consulting Services International (BICSI)
- International Facility Management Association (IFMA)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Canadian Green Building Council (CaGBC)