Qualifications and Expertise
As a project management practitioner, Monica demonstrates a clear understanding of the fundamentals, terminology and processes of project management gained from both first hand field experience and in-class learning. Monica is well versed in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) Guide and an active member of the Project Management Institute (PMI) Southern Ontario Chapter. Monica is a candidate for the PMP certification and is preparing to write her exam in the coming months.
- Coordinate activities among various project stakeholders including clients, architects, engineers, in-house design staff, sub-consultants, vendors and electrical/communications contractors.
- Develop work breakdown structures and Gantt charts in MS Project for effective planning and scheduling of project deliverables; update and maintain project schedules and communicate changes to key project stakeholders.
- Attend weekly progress meetings with the Client and prepare meeting minutes; facilitate internal team meetings to review project deliverables, schedule and resource requirements.
- Attend construction site meetings with the general contractor, architect and various engineering disciplines to review project progress.
- Identify and manage changes to project scope, time and cost; prepare, issue and track purchase orders, change notices, change orders/directives and site instructions.
- Review progress draws submitted by the contractor and prepare payment certificates to be reviewed / approved by the client.
- Assist the Project Design Manager in carrying out site inspections and commissioning of telecommunications and electronic security systems once installed.
Registered Telecommunications Project Manager (RTPM), BICSI, 2017
Certificate in Construction Estimating, George Brown College, 2015
Certificate in Construction Project Management, George Brown College, 2015
Certificate in Project Management, Business and Information Management, Ryerson University, 2014
Bachelor of Commerce (Honours), Global Management Major; Information Technology Management Minor, Ryerson University, 2013
Professional Associations/ Memberships
Project Management Institute (PMI)
Southern Ontario Chapter (SOC)
Building Industry Consulting Services International (BICSI)
Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC), Greater Toronto Chapter